Pattern and re-pattern, trying to get a robe a l’anglaise to fit properly. After I made new stays at Christmas, the brown dress that sort of fit really no longer fit.

Eventually, cutting muslins and re-stitching and pinning and undoing and redoing will get you to this.

I used a mirror and my husband took photos of the back, since I couldn’t manage that. Then I borrowed a friend from work to help with the sleeves, since the pin-behind-you method wasn’t working well. After I re-cut the sleeve head and found that a better fit, both sleeve heads are re-cut and seem to be working, so I’ll stitch them in by hand at work.

The goal, from patterning on Sunday, is a finished dress by Saturday afternoon’s tea for Rochambeau. Depends on when the tea starts, I think.